Thursday, December 20, 2012

STITCHING A PRAYER

I just continue to be humbled by so many of you.  I received this today.  It is what Deb did with the Angel ornament kit she won here . . . the minute she received it in the mail she began.
She cleverly left the bottom open and placed it at the top of her tree. 
And then, she posted it on her blog.  If you like to read that which warms you from the inside out, you should go there and read more.

A bit of what she wrote . . 

"I believe there are Angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
To show us how to live,
to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love." 

The light of love . . .
She stitched
and she prayed
stitched
and prayed
She prayed for all of those families and loved ones touched by our most recent tragedy
at that elementary school
in that little town
that struggles now with so much sorrow.
A sorrow that has plunged itself so deeply within each and every one of us
that we shudder in disbelief.
 We wonder, how will those parents . . and those families . . carry on?
But that is what prayer is for.  On the wing comes its kindness and its comfort.  It heals.
Thank goodness it travels so far and so wide.

5 comments:

  1. I love that angels walk amoung us! Thank you for the heart warming post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angel makes a unique tree topper. I like the idea very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute! I agree, Karen, it makes a wonderful tree topper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly fast stitcher! Beautiful work, and I love the tree topper idea. Her dedication to the women and children is so touching too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post! Thank you for allowing me to be part of it. My angel is perfectly happy in her new place of honor, at the top of my tree. I will look forward to bringing her out in the coming years and remembering of our new found friendship.
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete