Wednesday, November 15, 2017

4-H STITCHERS

4-H Leader guiding young hands towards stitching the world back together.
Photo from Made Local Magazine,
picked up in Santa Rosa area at one of my favorite bookstores.
With today's news feeds of devastating fires, frequent shootings, increasing poverty, a seemingly stagnant congress and so on . . it makes complaining an easy task . . a feeling of hopelessness soon to follow. 
As i read this article i was reminded that there are many people in our complex society, like these 4-H leaders, who choose to turn their back on hopelessness and lament and instead turn to tasks that create good in the world. 
I'm keeping this image in the forefront as often as possible.


And then there was this, perhaps the most inspiring part of the entire article. 

The 4-H PLEDGE 
I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service,
And my health to better living.
For my club, my community, my country, and my world.

It should be called
The Universal Pledge

No comments:

Post a Comment